Re: Tanween variants and Unicode : Question about code 0658

Gregg,

My reason of choosing the 06xx block for this purpose was purely
technical reasons. If I were to use PUA, it will change the behaviour
of the character surrouding it, and probably will change the text
direction. I've tried to use one of the symbol in other code blocks,
but I end up have to do lots of workaround. Thus, the only code that
will not change the shape and text direction is in the 06xx block.
Mete have a different view, which I think it might be a good idea if
it was design carefully. However, like you said, there are other ways
of accomplishing it.

Mete,
I've not test the code point yet. Maybe you can test it first. Just
create a few strings of possible case, including cases for lam alef.
If the shape of the character remains correct, the there should not be
much problem to create a font for it. If, the shape of the character
is not correct, then we will have some implementation problem.

Regards.