Re: Tanween variants and Unicode : Question about code 0658

Mete Kural wrote:
Hello again Meor,

Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya <meor dot ridzuan at gmail dot com>

Previously, I thought of using this code to indicate the sequential/assimilated tanween (seems the most logical choice), but
however it does have problems when trying to implement it under windows.

The best codepoint to use out of the codepoints currently available
in Unicode for sequential/assimilated tanween is U+06DF Arabic Small
High Rounded Zero.

Can you folks enlighten me as to why you want redefine established codepoint semantics rather than use the PUA? I'm baffled, to be honest.

sincerely,

gregg