Re: FOSS and development conference in Cairo

--- Rai'da Al-Zu3bi <raida_lists at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Alaa Abd El Fattah <alaa at manalaa dot net> wrote:
> > Center For Knowledge Society and EGLUG are organizing a conference with
> > the title "Free/Open Source Software and Development" at the Shepard
> > Hotel, Cairo, Egypt from the 13th to the 15th of march
> > for more info please check
> >
> >   http://www.eglug.org/mengos_conf
> >
> > unfortunately we have no funds to pay for Arabeyes contributors air
> > tickets, we would have loved to have you all with us in such an event.
> >
> > I hope to see all Arabeyes Egyptian members in the conference, and
> > anyone who will be visiting Egypt at the time.
> >
> > the 3rd day of the conference will be a Mini Expo, where companies and
> > NGOs working with FOSS in Egypt will present their work, we want to have
> > an Arabeyes booth in that day, can you recommend someone to man that
> > booth?
>
> If I do attend, I'm happy to help out "wo/man" the Arabeyes booth the last
> day.  However, as I'm still new to the group, there needs to be a veteran
> Arabeyes member there.

We're in the process of asking someone to see if he can help out else you
might be on your own unless others step forward (we'll need to give you
some links to various documents and handouts that we think might be of
interest to give to people there).

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!