Re: Volunteers for verifying the quran data

Mete Kural wrote:

Basically what I am suggesting you is to do this intellectual exercise in morphemic encoding design at the markup level, not at the character encoding level. That's where it belongs. That is partly why initiatives such as TEI and OSIS exist. I suggest that you read up on TEI and OSIS and think about ways to extend them to support detailed text analysis of Arabic.

Actually, the way to go is to do an abstract design. Then you can map abstract semantic units to either level. E.g. [[neg-particle-laa]] can map either to a codepoint in an encoding design or an element in an xml language, according to your taste. Everybody's happy!

-g