Re: Volunteers, Unicode, previous examples and things

Julie Devall,
I't seems that Hebrew also faces very similar problems with arabic.
Last time, Mr Yousif mentioned that this aws not the case, and the
Bible (OT) did not have much problems to encode in unicode, because
they have a very good support from unicode. It seems that it is not
the case.

Anyway, the site mention about Michigan Encoding system. I've tried to
look for it, but could not get access to it (it's in the gopher
server, which I don't have access). Do you know where we kind have a
copy of it? I'm thinking if that was necessary for Hebrew, probably
similar system need to be develop for Arabic, esp for the Quran. The
system should be able to incorporate all the features that we've
discuss here.

Project Guttenberg is a very good project, just that I'm not sure the
support for Arabic. What format do they use for proofreader? It would
be difficult to proofread the Quran using normal text (unicode) file
without using a special hack. PDF is OK, but I'm not quite sure how
should I create it. Suggestions are welcome.

Regards.