Re: tanween details

On Saturday 25 June 2005 10:48, Thomas Milo wrote:
> I am afraid /tamwiim/ or mimation is an innovation I contributed to the
> Arabic Ocean. But unlike /fawaatis/ (plural of /fiits/, the Dutch word
> "fiets", bicycle), this one may get official recognition some day.

I'm trying to add haafara yuhaafiru to arabic (meaning to Hoover the house).
Also tatattata (to tut with the tongue). I don't think they'll catch on.

As I said earlier, these neologisms may be neat but we already have a lexicon
for these things from over a thousand years ago.

But if it is encoded, will you use the arabic tamweem or the english
meemation?

Ultimately I suppose these encodings come down to whether Unicode is semantic
or glyphic, and I take Mete's point that it's supposed to be scriptic - which
sits somewhere between the two I suppose.

wassalaam
abdulhaq