Re: tanween details

Thomas Milo wrote:
Hi Greg,

If I get ambitious I'll type up the text (a little over a page) with a translation.

Please do, would appreciate it - a scan would help as well

I'll do my best, but no promises as to time frame. Let's say within the next couple of weeks in sha'allah.

Seems to me that this text, from the authoritative contemporary
grammar of Arabic, provides pretty strong justification for encoding
a tanween codepoint in Unicode.

Still it would be nice to have a second source for this. Nevertheless, it
helps me to move back towards the idea of a tanwiin codepoint, which IMHO
logically leads to a tamwiim and an idghaam point.

Hmm. Haven't searched the grammar book for these. Will do and let you know what I find.

-gregg