Re: Proposal for the Basis of a Codepoint Extension toUnicodefortheEncoding of the Quranic Manuscripts

>Yes, as for searching the encoded text can manipulated into any encoding
>required by Gregg et al., provided that the initial encoding captures all the
>semantic information.
>The base encoding which has all required semantic encoding can be built up
>over time, and encoding translations to encoding suitable for rendering or
>searching can be developed.

I'd like to emphasize that such linguistic encoding should be done at the markup level (XML) not at the character encoding level. We do not want to invent our own character encoding outside of Unicode. Capturing this kind of linguistic information via XML markup is the de facto method today as you can see abundantly in many projects (ex: Open Scriptural Information Standard).

Regards,
Mete

--
Mete Kural