Re: Quran data and issues in encoding the Quran in unicode

You should be able to use the application from the Arabeyes Quran
project. The only function that might not work is search, because the
data is not there.
If you are not using linux, you can actually use a normal notepad
under windows (wordpad does not work). It should work fine under
Windows XP, but not to sure about win2k. Just make sure you use the
font available at the site.
I did wrote a simple application that can display the quran aya by
aya. I wrote it using C#.net, windows platform. Later, I found out
that there are similar application at arabeyes cvs, so you might be
able to use that as well for windows. If you want my application, I
might be able to upload it as well, but you need .net runtime to be
able to run the application.
I have the same thought also, let the Hafiz be the first level to
verify the quran data. Then, we can go into detail in comparing it
letter for letter and mark for mark with the actual Madinah Mushaf.
If you are interested in verifying the data, please let me know which
part you want to verify, so that so don't have to duplicate our
effort. Later, let me know the errors if any so that I can rectify in
the original source.
I've a perl script also, that can convert the data into a web page,
one sura per page. If you want that, I can give it to you.

Regards.