[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: patacode example (was Re: Examples of Idghaam ...)
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: patacode example (was Re: Examples of Idghaam ...)
- From: Gregg Reynolds <gar at arabink dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:24:59 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
Gregg Reynolds wrote:
Abdulhaq Lynch wrote:
Taken from suurat alIsraa' ayat 80:
Please note the idghaam examples of:
Attached is an encoding of the above ayah using `Patacode arabic-1. The
file is utf-8, but it uses the latin-1 char repertory.
You can see how the assimilation codepoints in patacode look.
(Latest patacode at http://www.arabink.com/patacode/encoding.pdf)
CAVEAT: For consistency, I switched the letter for dal rad and non-rad,
so dal rad is now capital ETH Ð and nonrad is d, but haven't updated the
PDF yet. In general a capital letter is a rad, except where that leads
to conflict (i.e. s = seen rad, S = saud rad).