Subject: Re: [AA and Arabic]
From: Honza Malik
To: "Rai'da Al-Zu3bi"
CC: Karel Novotny
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:29:05 +0100

Hi,

there are the files. I'm not sure if you will catch the translation
during weekend, because there are guite a lot of texts but never mind.
After you finish, send it to me please. Also if you want to do some
changes/improvements in future, just send me the corrected file, I will
put it in the AA install.

If you need to look at the AA Admin interface in English (I'm sure
you will), you can use actionapps.org AA:

https://actionapps.org/aa/admin/
(user: demo1, password: demo1)

I'm not sure, which encoding for the text you are using, but UTF-8
would be fine, for AA.

There are 6 files to translation, but only two of them are important
- ar_output_lang.php3 and ar_news_lang.php3. If you translate those
files, then all AA will be in Arabic except some special features, which
is not so often used. Most languages have translated only this two
files. If you want to translate whole AA, then you can translate also:

ar_param_wizard.php3 - translation file of parameter wizard (Alias
functions, input type parameters) - used by
administrators of website
ar_alerts_lang.php3 - used for alerts sending from AA
ar_site_lang.php3 - used for admin interface of "site" module - very
advanced module for creating complex websites
ar_links_lang.php3 - used for administration of "links" module - yahoo
style link manager module in AA used on
http://kormidlo.cz, but not so often used
anywhere else.

For untranslated files or even phrases, the dafault (=English) will be
used, so don't worry if you leave some phrase untranslated.

I also packed the es_news_lang.php3 file as an example of translated
file to Spanish.

Diky, Shukran, Thanks for your work,

Honza