Re: Arabeyes -- a critique

Hi,

I became interested in Arabeyes when I researched the FOSS 'movement' in the Arab region for a paper on Arab knowledge diversity. If Arabeyes isn't involved in advocacy, it is important that it works closely together with organisations that do. There is e.g. a lot happening on FOSS in Asia and Africa because localisation and advocacy groups are networking and sharing resources. They receive funding to organise workshops and conferences (see e.g. the one coming up In Bangalore - Asia Source http://www.tacticaltech.org/asiasource/announcement and more here: http://www.tacticaltech.org/node/186

Networking will bring you publicity and funding and ideas on how to grow as an organisation and become more effective.

I am sorry I can't help you with Arabisation projects but I remain interested in your work because I believe your work is an important part of strengthening Arabic languages and cultures.

Salaam, Maja