Re: Arabeyes -- a critique

Salam,

What I am really frustrated about is only one thing, that we are too
few people to really do something. Ok maybe if we all work like mad 23
hours a day then we can accomplish everything in two years, but then
we need standards, people who work like machines and don't have any
other thing to do and a market to see the consequence of our work in
it. But nothing of this is there, so let me say my feeling is that we
were always stagnant going a little bit to the back then a little bit
to the front and then again to the back. Ok we did some stuff here and
there but all in all our internal situation always looked like that
after the crash we got with KDE and gnome after all leaved work on it.

Second thing were I am inclined to agree with Elzubair is that we are
always reacting but never acting. If you look to our group then you
see a group which tries to extend support to existing software but was
never really innovative itself. This is not totally true we the ITL
tools libquran, but that's it, with my high respect bicon katoob and
the others are only reactions to existing developments.

But OSS was never innovative anyway, and then the Arabic world is
practically not existent to support us in any form anyway...

Salam
Arafat