Re: Tanween variants and Unicode

Nadim Shaikli wrote:

You can do whatever substitution you like and/or even spec those out if you so desire, but at a minimum (and humor me here) the new scripts need their own codepoint (like for sequential fathatan, etc). We need this

Forgot to mention/beseech: *please* no more "sequential fathatan". I don't know what that means. Humor me. ;) And remember, I speak and read Arabic, so I can make a reasonable guess as to what you mean. But such terminology will only confuse the naive, which I usually favor, but in this case I'm willing to make an exception. :)

Y'all may have other opinions, but for me the following work:

distinct tanween (i.e. Unicode -atans)
assimilated tanween (I think this is what sequential -atan means, but am not sure)
nuun conversion mark (small meem)

-gregg