Re: Attending a LUG meeting

I agree. But bear in mind that Arabic is not the
"native language" of Arabs. I think its more accurate
to say that my native language is Gulf and your native
language is Tunisian etc... because we don't really
use "Arabic" except when reading and writing.

And since the average Arabic person reads less than 1
book per year, we find it awkward to use Arabic in
computers. Japanese and Germans, even those who don't
read at all, can still use those languages in
computers because its "their" language

But most Arabs I think still  _prefer_ to use Arabic
for computing IF it was made easy for them. Thats
where we come in :)

Of course, there are always those individuals who are
under the illusion that using English and French
instead of Arabic is a sign of culture and
intelligence. I think those are the ones you are
talking about. All we can do is try to prove to them
how wrong they are with top-quality work :)

Abdulaziz,

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
[...]