Re: spam

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 02:18 am, Armelle Nedelec wrote:
> > I don't see that message on our CVS mailing-list (archives) and I didn't
> > receive it myself.

It's here
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/cvs/2004/May/msg00028.html
and I can't believe you didn't receive it ;)

> > We go through GREAT lengths to filter out spam so if
> > this is a legit message that came from arabeyes.org, I'd like to know to
> > better harden our defenses.  If its a spoof (ie. someone claiming to be
> > arabeyes.org), well then I'm not sure what (if anything) we can do except
> > to report 'em.

> To know that you'll need the orginal mail with it's header in order to
> know the IP who sent the mail. At least we'll know if it has something
> to do with arabeyes, or just someone who picked the domain name (more
> probably)
>
> Regarda
> Armelle

Here is the whole header and it's clear that it's a problem in your
configurations ;)

 From: <Administrator at arabeyes dot org>
 To: <cvs at arabeyes dot org>
 Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 16:05:13 -0400
 Subject: ScanMail Message: To Sender virus found and action taken.
 Sender: cvs-bounces at arabeyes dot org

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA