Re: need help to configure kword

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> I've never used Kword (I'm a minimalist :-),

What editor do you use ? It could be a solution to my problem ;-)

> but this very much sounds like a font issue.  Kword is not properly
> finding a font (or maybe you are selecting a font that doesn't have
> Arabic) in which it can display the Arabic characters with.

If I open a text file (utf-8 encoded), it displays arabic text from right
to left but with squares instead of glyphs. I've tried to use `Ae' and
`kacst' fonts with no success. I can select one of them, but I obtain only
square if I swap to arabic kbd.

Salam

Arnauld