Re: GCompris Arabization Status

--- Isam Bayazidi <isam at bayazidi dot net> wrote:
> One of the best programs I know for kids of ages 4 to 10 is GCompris:
>
>   http://www.ofset.org/gcompris

[snip snip]

> I worked in translating the interface of it.. PO can be found at:
>
>   http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gcompris/po/ar.po
>
> The thing is that in order to have the GCompris to be more Arabic,
> more need to be done that just PO translation. As customization
> need to be made to different boards. for example:
> - Arabic Audio for spelling lessons
> - Changing Pictures and relations to things more familiar to Arab kids
> - and more board specific changes.
>
> I hoped that I will be able to complete all that. but I do not have the
> time for it.

Isam, is there anything (or a bundle) that you can point to that we
can include in the upcoming releases of Arabbix ?  Could you please
mention them here as well as submit a bug-report (as a reminder)
under the Arabbix category.  We'd like to make sure kids have something
to play with on Arabbix.

Thanks & Salam.