Re: Important msg about Arabaizing

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 08:56:46PM +0300, Ahmad Al-Twaijry wrote:

> [..]

Salam,

We have discussed this issue at our 'core' meeting and have come up with
the following:

1. It is great that it is possible to fund translations, whether it is
by paying certain translators or otherwise. We most certainly appreciate
the intiative.

2. Any translation of the KDE/GNOME/Debian Installer (or any other
translation project that Arabeyes has undertaken) will have to happen
under the Arabeyes umbrella. In other words, if someone is willing to
pay translators to work on translations, that is great, however,
Arabeyes will be the one responsible for assigning the coordinators. As
of today, our coordinators are known and are not likely to change.

This is important, especially noting your comment about geographic
proximity. I think our experience with Arabeyes demonstrates that
geography is irrelevant.

3. In order for this to proceed further, they need to contact us
officially (via our 'contact' email) so we can get the ball rolling. As
per our last core meeting, I was assigned as the Arabeyes liaison, so I
will be the contact person from our side. We expect them to do the same.

As you may know, all correspondences will be reviewed by our 'core' team
here, but having a single-contact point makes everyone's life easier.

4. (as a side note) -- Arabeyes would be more than happy to host (CVS,
etc.) any additional translation projects this newly formed group is
willing to undertake.

---
To Arafat, I think you need not worry or fear anything. If they want to
pay translators there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You will
remain to be the GNOME coordinator and if anyone is going to want to do
any work on GNOME, it will have to go throgh you as coordinator.

I would also refrain from using the 'me', 'my', etc. Despite the fact
that the vast majority of the GNOME translation work is a result of your
hard work, we all try to emphasise the collectivity of things as to not
alienate others from contributing to a specific pool of work.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |