Re: Linux4arab

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2004 23:29, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> > Ahmed, if you have an HTML code to place in one of the boxes for linux4arab
> > please send it.. if you know a dict module/block for postnuke that can be
> > used for this perpose please notify me.. on my side, I am looking for such
> > module..
>
> Nadim, guys, PLEASE help me out here. I have no clue what Mr. Bayzidi
> talking about. Lets just say I had to search Google for "PostNuke". We
> have Mr. Bayazidi willing to make use of Qamoose on his web site. I wonder
> if  he can use a strip down version of Qamoose that would have a text entry
> field and displays the translation upon submitting "Translate". Take this
> strip down version and embed in his web site.

I know close to nothing about postnuke (or phpnuke for that matter or any
other CMS) except to know that most seem to lack UTF-8 support ;-)  We can
always create our own php code to access the dictd server running on arabeyes,
but then again I'm not sure how/what/where things sit with regards to the
entire CMS system.  Like anything else, it would be best to find a dict
module and simply plug it in.  A simple search on postnuke.com's page
revealed the following,

http://mods.postnuke.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1644
http://mods.postnuke.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=543

Isam, you might also try asking for a 'dict module' on postnuke's forums,

  http://forums.postnuke.com/

> ...For the record, I did another search for "postnuke" + "dict". Now I know
> it is not a dictionary that is contaminated with radio active material.

heheehe