Re: KDE-3.3

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

> Salam,
>
> On Saturday 21 August 2004 10:33, Ahmad Al-rasheedan wrote:
>
> > Is it me or KDE-3.3 from Debian has a problem with Arabic?
> > I get letters instead of words, though it is right to left. Had to
> > revert back to 3.2.

And here I was racking my head trying to figure out what I was doing
wrong! Its actually not just in KDE 3.3, as I'm using KDE 3.2.3 on
Mandrake 10.1 beta (yes go ahead and laugh...) and have the exact same
problem.

http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/August/msg00004.html

> What's the QT version [I expect it to be QT 3.3.x where x=0,1,2] ?
> Are you
> using Arabeyes or KACST fonts ? If so could you please try other
> fonts and
> see what happens ?

I'll tell you what fonts work and which ones dont. Neither AE nor KACST
fonts work. However, using the "urdu nastaliq unicode" font shaping
looks fine. This leads me to think that all fixed-width fonts should be
fine.

> This should not happen (in principle) anymore when KDE is compiled
> with QT >=
> 3.3.3.

Great, wonder when mdk are going to package that one, they just
packaged 3.3.2... :)

Abdulaziz,