Re: khotot

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 02:58 pm, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> On Wednesday - 7.April.2004 [19:23:26 +0200],
>

>  > If I enter the following sequence of characters:
>  >
>  > 0644  (laam)
>  > 064E  (fatHa)
>  > 0627  ('alif)
>  >
>  > then I should see the laam-alif ligature with the fatHa
>  > on top of the laam part.   At least that's how I understand
>  > the script.

This is really odd. I have seen this before in lyx, a shaping problem, and
it's still not fixed but even you GNOME? ;)

> I don't think this is the fonts fault (well I'm not 100% sure
> due to the TTFs having GSUBs, etc) but you might want to check
> the various display engines and how they handle this scanario.

A quick test revealed this:
1. This problem is available only in All kacst fonts but not others.
2. It's valid in gedit, mozilla, ... but not in kde/Qt apps.

Conclusion: This bug belongs to both the fonts and the rendering engine.

--

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA