Re: OpenOffice.org Arabic Native-Lang started

--- Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Today, I would like to announce the official opening
> of the Arabic N/L site, one day before my brithday :)
>
> * Official website: http://ar.openoffice.org

Mabrook & very nice !!  Thanks again for a job well done.
A couple of remarks,

 1. I didn't see a mention of the current open bugs and/or
    issues and what their status is with regard to Arabic.
    If its not on the 'ar' page, you might consider adding it.
    A listing of open bugs and issues (or link to) in english
    even would be a good start.  Just so the reader can know
    what to expect.

 2. I didn't see a HOWTO specific to Arabic and what is required
    for a user to see/use Arabic (settings, options, etc).

    The reason for #1,#2 above is to simply make it easy for the
    a new user (newbie) to find all the info he/she require to get
    Arabic OpenOffice (ar_OO) working for them.  So if we field
    questions in the future about this topic we can simply point
    them to your brand spanking new OO page :-)

 3. We need to start a thread on Duali on OpenOffice's mailing
    lists listed here,

      http://ar.openoffice.org/about-spellcheck.html

    But I really think we need to have Duali ported to C before
    we do that, no ?  M.Elzubeir, when can we expect to see that ?

 4. Happy Birthday ;-)

Salam and keep up the great work.