Re: Arabeyes News Digest

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 08:05:24PM +0300, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2003 19:33, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> > Ahh... with this kind of coverage we are gonna need some pages in Arabic
> > so non-english speakers can actually understand what we are about and
> > what we need to do .

Agreed.. and I think our new "web guy" is slowly working his way through
the pile of code he has to deal with ;) It is definitely still on the
todo-list.

> Well... Arabeyes from the begining is about telling non-arabs about Arabeyes..
> Arabs got the least share of focus from Arabeyes site .. that is really
> unfortunate..

That is very untrue and I take offense to that. Arabeyes is _FOR_
serving the Arabic language user, and I am rather surprised that someone
who has been very intimately involved with Arabeyes as yourself would
say something like that.

It is unfortunate that we have not had the time to provide an Arabic
interface to our website. However, please do remember that this is a
primarily development project and not a news portal. Most if not all
developers and technical people are going to need to communicate in the
English language (it is the de facto technical _and_ business language).

To suggest that Arabeyes is "about telling non-arabs about Arabeyes"
could not be any further from the truth. Read over your own report that
you kindly wrote.. where do you see the focus going?

Regards