Red Hat 9 RPMs (for testing)

Assalamu`alaikum

With the help of various other members of the Arabeyes team, I've managed to produce some RPM packages of software made by Arabeyes, as well as some Red Hat software which have been patched to support things like shaping and bidi. These packages are by no means guaranteed to work, but they are a means to get new users who run Red Hat 9 to join in the bandwagon and start becoming testers. The reason why they are not on the Arabeyes download page (yet) is because I want to be sure there are no RPM-related problems with the packages, and I dont feel it is appropriate to upload them there before some sort of user acceptance test is done.

http://alidrus.mlcc.com.my/RPMS/

Generally these packages are meant for Red Hat version 9, but if you wish to try them on earlier versions, you may get the src.rpm and rebuild them (if you know how). Most important of all, if you are a Red Hat 9 user, please do let me  know if you encounter any problems with these packages. If you need help with something (RPM related), I can be reached via email or in the #arabeyes channel on irc.freenode.net mostly on weekdays around 12 pm - 8 pm Malaysian time (GMT +8).

Once these packages are found to be satisfactory, I will ask Elzubeir for access to upload to the Arabeyes sourceforge download page. If nobody complains within the next week or so, I'll consider the packages usable and do what I have to do.

Regards

Abu Bakar Al-Idrus