Re: Arabic 3D Game in Linux ?

 --- Ahmad Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote: > -----BEGIN
PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

> Hi
>
> Did anyone think about creating Arabic 3D game in
> Linux ? or at less
> running windows Arabic 3d games in linux (e.g Jeneen
> http://www.turath.com/jeneen/arabic.htm)
>
> I bought this game (Jeneen) and its very nice but
> the problem its only
> run in windows :(
>
> Pictures : http://www.turath.com/jeneen/picture.htm
>
> - --------------------
> http://eShop.4-SMS.Com
> http://Mozilla.4-SMS.Com
> - -*- If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have
> the wrong problem -*-

There is a similar project to the game you mentioned
(very similar actually) by Dar Al-Fikr in Syria(at
www.afkarmedia.com), the game would become in markets
in a matter of days or weeks. I tried to convince them
to offer a Linux port for the game, but they refused
as Linux has a 'small market in the region'. They have
made a 3D engine called '@4', I think we should
contact them and convince them to make the engine
open-source, I think this would be a very good idea.

=====
Mohammed Gamal
Member of "ArabEyes", Unix/Linux Arabization Project
GUI & documentation translator
http://www.arabeyes.org