Re: openoffice not loading Unicode text files properly

Hi Alberto,

Am So, den 26.10.2003 schrieb Alberto Corbi Bellot um 17:57:
> I've notice that openoffice1.1 can work properly with arabic but when i
> tell it to open an utf8 plain text file (written,for example, with yudit
> or gedit) containing arabic expresions it just prints rubbish...
>
> is there a way to tell openoffice it should enable uft8 support when
> opening plain text files (*.txt) or is it a bug?

When you open the file, choose Text Encoded (*.txt) instead of Text
(*.txt) as file type. Before displaying the file, OOo will ask which
encoding to use. UTF-8 is in that list.

Also, make sure you use a font for arabic text.

HTH,
	Martin