RE: Quran Project

Assalamu alaikum.

The Qur'an is not like any other project.  The Qur'an has to be done perfectly or not at all.  Getting the help of a scholar is not sufficient.  A qualified committe that reviews masahif and goes through them with a fine toothed comb is necessary.  No one is forcing us to do the Qur'an project.  I suggest we *don't* do it unless we're sure we won't make things worse.

Please don't just dismiss me as a crank.  I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.

I could be more explicit in my concerns, but this is not the forum for it.

Salam,
Moustafa

Maher Ben Moussa <maher_dev at hotmail dot com> wrote:
Salam 3alaykoum,

Thank you very much Ahmad Twaijry for your interest in helping with the
quran data. I'm happy to see that we're one step further in this issue.
I hope we can finally get trusted data through Shik Al-Monjid and his
contacts.

It's sad to hear nothing anymore from Mohammed Yousif. The only way to
contact him is by his email. Can someone else contact him trough other
ways as Nadim described.

The development of the Quran application has to go further too. I hope I
can have more time to work on it next weeks.

Maher