Requirements Specifications for Arabbix Graphics

This email outlines all graphics needs for Arabbix Live CD:

1) Boot Screen (aka lilo splash screen). This screen is shown during Lilo boot process. The graphic must be 640x400 (WxH) pixels and should not be more than 16 colours. Please make the final image in BMP mode.

Since this image is the first one a user would see, please keep it simple and focused. Having arabic and english is fine but please keep Arabic words larger and more prominant.

the image should have the following strings:
	1) "Arabbix 1.0" (in both english and arabic)
	2) "Press F2 for more options" (in both English and Arabic)
	3) "www.arabeyes.org" (english only)

2) System setup Screen (done) Thanks moty

3) Background: Should be png or jpg format with as many colours as you like. Please use 1280X1024 for a size and make is interesting. Guidelines:
1) Has "www.Arabeyes.org" in large letters (prominent words)
2) "Arabbix 1.0" is nice to have in smaller letters.
3) use some arabic caligraphy (some shading and transparency work is nice)
4) Use any colours you like. We can always bug you to redo them in different colours ;)
5) Use the Arabeyes.org logo (find it here :

http://www.arabeyes.org/~anmar/graphics/aelogo.png)

4) Arabbix CD art: Since Arabbix is a live CD project, we will be needing some art to print on the CD itself. Please use the following guidelines in your design:
1) "Arabeyes.org" is more prominent than "Arabbix 1.0"
2) keep the design down to 2 colors and black at the most. (we might need the design in one colour so be warned :))
3) "Arabbix 1.0" should be in Arabic
4) "www.arabeyes.org" should be there. does not matter what size or shape
5) "Place CD in CDROM and reboot" should be there in Arabic. Englis is not necessary (Ossama can you translate all the strings in this email please)

5) Arabbix Project Logo: Be as wild as you can but keep in mind that the logo will have to go on CD's T-shirts so make sure whatever you design is still clearly recognizable in 1 or more colours.

6) GNOME splash screen (400x400) as many colours you have. Please use the words "Welcome in English and arabic and use as many colours and design idea as you like. Do you want samples. check this out:

http://art.gnome.org/themes/splash_screens/index.php

7) Need the Arabeyes logo (find it here: http://www.arabeyes.org/~anmar/graphics/aelogo.png) in vector graphics such as SVG and or illustrator. (preferable standard SVG format)

Please note that we will need all original art you design to be GPL licensed and submitted to me so I can place it in CVS for future use. All fonts that are used in the graphic should either be submitted or the fonts should be converted to paths so future modifications are possible. We prefer Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Suite and Macromedia freehand, and GIMP formats

Finally, these are guidelines for you designers to go by. If you have better ideas or things there is something missing, please let me know. :)