Re: gTranslator

I have talked to Arafat Medini about gtranslator and he said it still needs lots and lots of work. I guess we have to wait and see.... or... wait a minute, I have a thought... maybe sombody should take it on and be its maintainer.

Anmar

Ossama Khayat wrote:
Hi,
Long time ago I tested gTranslator to see if it would
be a good alternative to KBabel (just for
freedom/variety of choice).
I really couldn't see any benefit of it at all. I
mean, I didn't find it usefull in anyway!
Nevertheless, I thought it's worth a try and sent a
bug report on two things, listed here:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=okhayat%40yahoo.com&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=substring&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=substring&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&op_sys_details=&op_sys_details_type=substring&version_details=&version_details_type=substring&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&form_name=query
and since i did so, still there is no change at all.

Did anyone use it and/or see it's really worth it?
I thought it would be usefull for those people (like
me) who would like to have a FULL gnome desktop, along
with the needed applications.

thanks,
Ossama K.