Re: arabic monospace truetype unicode font

--- Melvin Hadasht <melvin dot hadasht at free dot fr> wrote:
> In http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/jre/README, it says that
> all truetype fonts may be included in vendor redistributions of
> the java 2 runtime environment. jre includes only LucidaSansRegular,
> in general. Maybe Arabbix can be considered a vendor so it can
> supplies jre + all .ttf including LucidaSansTypewriter for its mozilla
> browser (which is logical), instead of requiring the installation of
> all the sdk ?

I take it would be illegal for us to simply mirror these fonts on one
of our project font pages ?  Could you possibly contact someone within
Java's team for permission/clarification, else these fonts are really
of no use to us unless, as you note, the Java environment is included
within Arabbix and/or a user opts to download the fonts on his/her own.

> I'm not a lawyer, though.

Nor are we, but we could sure use more open source fonts :-)

> Here is a link that lists what the different fonts support:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/intl/font.html

Thanks Melvin for the info.