Re: about font on lyx

On Saturday 15 November 2003 03:25 am, Klaus Lagally wrote:
> scripsit belahcene abdelkader:
> > salam oualaikoum
> > I am interrested by the Lyx anabled arabic. I tried
> > the cvs_snap given by 	bayazidi, but there is a
> > problem it doesn't work correctly ( it doesn't  .
> >
> > Ok this is the complete story:
> > 1...  I have written a text (attached ) in lyx-1.1.6,
wow! lyx-1.1.6 is still alive?!

> > The character are correctly displayed on the lyx
> > window, I open the same file in lyx-1.3.0, the fonts
> > are not displayed correctly. why , perhaps because lyx
> > 1.3.0 use qt, and not xforms as 1.1.6 ?
> > The files expoted in latex are the same.
It works for me great here on Mandrake 9.1 You have to mention your distro,
and how did you install it. I am going to help you  in case you use Mandrake
9.2 with LyX 1.3.2+

> > 2... The file exported in latex, is not correct, the
> > command \begin{arabtex} is written twice, same thing
> > for \end{arabtex}.
> > and also the \par is not recognize and in fact not
> > necessary.
> This also is a LyX problem.
Again use the latest version before you think to ask anything. No such a
problem with me.

> > 3.. The the environment \begin{center}  \end{center},
> > is not recognized. this is a arabtex problem I think.
>
> It was; this has been fixed in the newer versions of
> ArabTeX starting about version 3.11c or 3.11d.
Yes thanks Mr Klaus for your fixing ;)

> > I want to try to fix these bugs, if someone (maybe
> > bayazi ) has an idea where to start.
Almost everything is fixed now except of the this bug mentioned in the MAPS
document under LyX section.

> Please keep me posted about ArabTeX bugs. I can do nothing
> about LyX itself, I have no access.
>
> Klaus
Ok then since you show here on arabeyes I am going to keep you informed here:

* I highly recommend using bz2 compression on your ftp site as an option since
Mandrake rpm-howto says:

"bz2 Compression. To save space in the package, turn every source and patches
to bzip2 format. Most of the time, the sources will be released as a .tar.gz
archive. First of all, convert it to a .tar.bz2 (which will be smaller), by
using bzme provided by Mandrake's bzip2 package. For high-risk
security-critical packages where only non tar.bz2 source is distributed, we
recommend that you don't bzip2 it it will change the md5sum."

Although I can use bzme but it's always better to have pristine sources ;)

* It's not clear to me why the structure of arab311.tgz (fonts, tex, doc) is
different than the structure of the uncompressed folders at the ftp server.
Consistency here makes my job easier in the future.

* On arab311.tgz fonts/tfm/arabtex/tfm.zip is redundant and should be removed.

* The latest apatch.sty should be included in the compressed file. So, if
someone downloaded this file, he won't need to download something else.

* install.txt needs updating.

* I need time to bug you more, could this be solved ;)

--

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA