Kufi Arabic fonts

Greetings all, I recently came across (thanks Samy) some really cool and
artistic fonts which would really go great with Arabic's square fonts
(Kufi style).

I'm CC'ing Artwiz's author (that's what the fonts are packaged and called)
so that he might help us by informing us how to go about creating great
quality fonts like the ones he's created (which tools to use, any documents
to read to come upto to speed, etc).

Here are Mr. Hahn's fonts and some instructions,

  http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/fluxbox/artwiz-fonts.tar.bz2
  http://fluxbox.sf.net/docbook/en/html/a1455.html

As for some Kufi (square Arabic) examples, Mr. Sakkal's page is really
great.  It would be ideal and wonderful if we could get similar Kufi
fonts created sooner rather than later to augment artwiz's,

  http://www.sakkal.com/instrctn/Square_Kufi01.html

Here are some other interesting samples,

  http://www.paratype.com/Library/Class/lclass1.asp#arabic

http://www.paratype.com/default.asp?page=/library/newstyles.asp?fontcode=PT_KUF

I know a couple of people on arabeyes.org in the past had noted wanting to
create fonts, but needed help and direction; well this is your chance to
rise up again and actually do something this time around !!!

You can view the artwiz fonts by either using them or by converting them
to bdf (via pcf2bdf) and then viewing those BDFs via 'xmbdfed'.

Note that in Arabic we can only use ISO-10646 fonts meaning we need characters
in the following range to be defined (hex values),

  0600 - 06FF
  FE70 - FEFF

Salam and I really hope a few well-intentioned people take up this extremely
important and much needed task.