Re: VIM 6.2 enabling arabic is vague

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Anmar Oueja <anmar canada.com> wrote:

I just spent an hours trying to get GVIM 6.2 to write arabic.

Please don't cross post; a single email should only be destined to
a single list.

Sorry... will keep that in mind

Read the help, compiled with the right flags.. it got me thinking... it is not clear how to enable arabic on VIM 6.2. can you guys please respond with the steps necessary to enable arabic support properly in VIM. BTW, I can see the arabic letters but the shaping is not there.

I read it and just tried the :set arabic. shaping seems to work. but I can not get it to start writing right to left. I used ":set rightleft" but it would not switch to right. ami missing something ?

The necessary info is available here

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/external/vim/README

as well as within Vim-6.2+ proper by doing,

  :help Arabic
 or
  :help arabic

will start there.

Once the list is complete, I will compile a document out of it and submit to Arabeyes... as a supplement to VIM's docs on how to enable arabic in VIM 6.2

As noted all the necessary documentation is within Vim.  You can always
start by simply doing ':help' and surfing your way to the right area.

Hope that helps & Salam.

- Nadim

Thanks.