Re: New Vim release

--- Glenn R Williams <gloonie earthlink.net> wrote:
> I wrote Bram and he says that Arabic Shaping will be in the upcoming
> version Vim 6.2b, but that it still needs some work. He didn't say what
> needed to be done, but I suppose you are also in communication with him.

I am indeed in communication with him.  He'd noted that he's made a number
of changes and that things don't seem to be drawn correctly anymore.  I'm
unsure what the changes are (I'll look tomorrow) and I'm unsure to why the
changes were even introduced.  I'll try to figure out what new anomalies
were brought forth (I would still _much_ rather go with what was submitted
as an initial patch as its underdone a number of years/users worth of
testing and its not a rush job -- it doesn't seem like now would be the
perfect time to make such code changes).