Re: Arabeyes & Open Source

What? Why is this? What's the problem? This is really a bad news :((( I won't agree at all with this. Please give us more information on the reasons for this!!!
I sacrificed my job, for the sake of helping in Linux Arabization and spend all my time trying to improve my skills just for the sake of helping Linux and Arabic spreak around the Arabian countries.... :(

Can't we do anything about it? If it needs more funds, maybe we can take it. If it needs time, we can save more time for it, but changeing the approach to CLOSED-SOURCE this way is KILLING!!!

I almost had a hard-heart-arrack when I read the email!! Please don't do this to us...
Even if we (myself at least) didn't contribute well, but at least we tried our best, and still I would try my best to keep it going.

Please, Mr. ElZubeir give us more information about this.. and let's all decide as we do usually.

regards,
Ossama Khayat

Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

Salam,

After seeing how the Arabeyes has progressed throughout the last couple
years+,
we have had some interest from some private investors to take over the
project.

Starting from next month, the project will be Closed Source and hand
over
its assets to the new investor (who has asked to remain anonymous at
this
time). All work that has been done so far will remain Open Source and
anyone
can continue to work on. However, further development will be closed
source.

We thank you all for your hard work and efforts in making this project
such
a success.

Thank you.