Re: Problems by compiling

My Inbox Happily Received This From Mohammed Yousif @ Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:06:17 +0200

> On Thursday 07 November 2002 17:40, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > I wish to see the day that a Qt application is compiled without problems,
> > specially those produced by kdevelop or Qt designer ;)
> If you don't set QTDIR, then don't blame Qt for producing errors , If SuSE
> didn't build Qt properly , you can bug them, but you can't say
> that Qt is full of problems (if we are to think that way, then gtk has
> problems too because it refuses to compile without its headers)

read my comment "> > specially those produced by kdevelop or Qt designer ;)"
What do you say that i had to set "QTDIR" inside the Makefile in the first version of abgad ?
who mentioned SuSE here ?
anyway i don't say Qt is bad, i don't like it nor i do like KDE. "AND that doesn't mean they are bad, just not to start a war!!!!!"

> Please have a look at the Qt api , it's the cleanest and most organized thing
> I've ever seen in my whole life, and this is the reason why I prefer it to
> other toolkits.
Yes i had a look, didn't understand them as i did understand Gtk.
it's a personal opinion though

> btw: I read the an email you wrote before, you mentioned that kde programs
> consumes more time to compile than gnome pograms, this is not because gnome
> is better than kde but this is because gnu c compiler is faster that gnu c++
> compiler AFAIK (most kde apps are c++ while most gnome apps are c)

that's applied too to ghtmm. "matez3alsh ya sedy :-)"
that was in a reply for Unixy, he was saying that gnome is bad, i said that kde is bad ;)

hope this doesn't *poison* any thing between us ?!

--
-- Katoob Main Developer