Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:37:55 +0430 (IRST)
From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh at sharif dot edu>
To: ainc at any-dns dot com, general at arabeyes dot com, asbl at lists dot sharif dot edu
Subject: Arabic vs Indic digits

I need a list of the countries who use the Arabic language, or a language
using the Arabic script, as one of their "official" languages, and if any
of them use Arabic digits (aka European), or Hindi ones (aka Indic). This
is needed for both IDN purposes (I need to specify them in a request to
IETF), and Linux localization (glibc, KDE, ...).

Please send any information to me personally at <roozbeh at sharif dot edu>. I
will post the final list to both AINC and Arabeyes, to make sure it is
correct.

This is my first list of the countries (sorry if there any omissions):

	Afghanistan
	Algeria
	Bahrain
	Egypt