Arabic Support In Gnome 2

Hello,

	I'm a member of the Gnome Support Site (www.gnomesupport.org/forums).
We have a user who is interested in working on GNOME 2 in Arabic.  At
this point he is not concerned about all the menus etc. being translated
to Arabic - he'd just like to type in Arabic.

	I assume some have already tried out GNOME 2 and are working on
translations.  Any pointers and tips would be helpful since it would
really help him out.

	I appreciate the time you're taking.  If you could point me to a FAQ
(I'd assume keyboard maps /fonts etc are required as well) I would
really appreciate it.

Thank You,

Al George