Re: Arabic wasla in Unicode

"N. Heer" a *crit :

> There would be no standard position in a character
> set in which to store the waslah.  You would store it in a vacant position
> or in the position of some character you didn't need in a particular font
> and it would only be displayed as waslah if you viewed the text or printed
> it with that font.  In the Latin alphabet diacritics needed for
> specialized texts are often handled that way.

Ok, I see what you meant. It is not completely unreasonable as a fallback solution,
but that would greatly limit its portability.

>  On the other hand with
> Unicode you can have so many more characters than the 255 we've been used
> to that maybe waslah should be added to Unicode.

Glad we agree.
--
Miikka, way to go;) Please correct any info based on the comments you have had if
there's anything you think should be changed or clarified in your proposal after

Regards,
Chahine