Re: koffice arabisation

On Friday 18 January 2002 13:53,hatem ben wrote:
>  lot of compagnies are looking for an arabic office, and since there is
> none under linux, i think that arabisation of koffice would be very
> important to give linux new horizons! otherwise Micro$soft still the best
> !! and none can say no. I would like just to know the koffice arabisation
> is planned for wich time ?

KOffice is a part of the KDE as you know .. and the KDE translation is
underway .. until we reach the koffice to translate it's interface ( which
may not be any time soon) please know that Koffice under KDE3 and QT3
suuports Arabic input and so on .. so as of KDE 3 you can use Koffice with
Arabic Language

Another alternative iis OpenOffice ( www.openoffice.org ) , which is an open
source version of StarOffice ,  also supports Unicode, thus Arabic .. I did
not use it yet .. I am currently downloading it ( around 70MB) ..when I am
done with it and test it I will report the Arabic Language support state in
it .. until then, if anyone tried OpenOffice with Arabic Langauge please
report it's state of support ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi