Re: How to view Arabic files names in linux (encoding problem)

Salam Munzir..
  You need to mount the Windows partitions with the option "iocharset=utf8" ..
here is an example line from my /etc/fstab file:

/dev/hda1	/mnt/windows_c		vfat	auto,ownder,iocharset=utf8

(note that the above is on one line)
set the iocharset to utf8 .. and remove the settings of the codepage.. I hope
that it will work .. it worked with me in RedHat ..

Salam
Isam Bayazidi