Re: Pretty arabic text

 --- Mikael Claesson <miclaes at yahoo dot com> wrote: >
Hello.

> This might border on off-topic, in which case I
> appologize.
>
> I want to print a t-shirt in arabic. I don't know
> any
> arabic myself, but I have friends that do, and I was
> thinking that maybe I can download and install some
> package for my GNOME machine (Swedish/English) which
> will let me graphically click my way through writing
> short words. Then I could just copy what a friend
> writes down on paper and have him verify it
> afterwards.
>
> Also, I want it to look good. That's why I want to
> do
> it on the computer. Are there any nice fonts I
> should
> download and install?
>
> I'd appreciate any tips you might have.
>
> Thank you
>
> /M

Salaaaam (i.e. Hello in Arabic) Mikael,
I'm sooooo happy to see non-arabs who are interested
to use Arabic language in any way. Currently the are
no Arabic fonts available for XFree86 except the fixed
font, but you can use the Windows TTF fonts by copying
them to the XFree86 font dir, or if you use Mandrake
Linux you can use DrakFont and click 'Get Windows
Fonts' button. I personally recommend using Tahoma or
Naskhi fonts, they look so good.

=====
Mohammed Gamal
Member of "ArabEyes", Linux Arabization Team
GUI & documentation translator
http://www.arabeyes.org