Re: QaMoose Dictionary released!

On Tuesday 23 October 2001 4:39pm, Yasser wrote:
> 1- Is it up to me to decide upon which file to translate, or is there a
> coordination to prioritize the work?
Well we have priorities .. right now we are consetrating on the files Ianthe
kdebase folder .. after it it is up to you to select the file you want to go
with ..

> 2- Should I make the translation in TextPad which doesn't support Arabic
> effectively (writing from left to right), or can I do it in WordPad?

I don't know is WordPad does support saving files in UTF-8 encoding .. I know
that TextPad does .. writing from right to left is not needed though ..
because all the content of the PO files is in English, and left to right ..
so there is no need to change direction for it

> Now I have a last question about Qamoose, is it OK to add to it the
> relevant terms used by Microsoft in its Arabic glossaries that can be found
> at the following address:
>
> ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/newup/glossary/

Check the license for them .. are they Open to be re utilized in another
program ? ( I doubt it) .. I suggest staying in the safe side .. and go and
suggest what ever you know, and what ever you see missing ...

--
		Yours
			Isam Bayazidi