Banner/Logo Explained

Let's make this the final message on the 'general' list about the banners
and logos. Here are the specs:

I. Banner - must display name (Arabeyes.org) and have the slogan (Unix the
"right" way!). The banner is to preferably be in transparent mode.

	1. width =105 pixels
	   height=600 pixels

	2. Image may be in any of the following formats: jpeg, png, and gif.

II. Logo - the logo is to be a drawing and contain no text. There are two
options for the logos are:

	1. Camel - similar to the GNU goat, serene, happy and looking into the
distance. Preferably munching on some grass, or looking like it's chewing.
Perhaps various versions of it, with some animated gif's for it where it
chews.

	2. Face - I would rather not have a baby's face (but will consider
them).  Face of adult, with Arab features, bulging eyes (maybe), and
variations of it wearing (tarboush, 3imma, ghitra, etc.).

The logo's dimensions should try to maintain the 105 pixel width of the
banner, but you can be flexible if it helps the image.

Please do NOT post any discussions on the banner/logo to this list. Submit
your work to contribute at arabeyes dot org dot  If you have any questions regarding the
specs and/or ideas - please contact 'hisham at fakkir dot net'.

Once we have collected a few samples, I will set up the voting poll so you
can then voice your opinion on your favourite artwork. Until then, keep them
coming!

--
Mohammed Elzubeir