Re: registering a .org

I'm CC'ing the list - that is where all current and future communication
should be held.

--- Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at freenet dot de> wrote:
> I have received a Meaage from Arafat that he do not know how
> much time he have. So I asume, I am curently allone.  :-/
>
> As you know already, we need 7 people to create the association
>
>         Arabeyes e.V.
>
> Curently I have no money, but after 2005-06-07 (when I have my
> pension) i will go to Offenburg (Germany) and will ask Tribunal,
> how to start the procedure.

Before starting, find out what is involved and if you need someone
to make a call and/or make a quick trip to the local office for a
question or two try to convince Arafat to do it :-)

> Because the others have not informed me about anything, I must
> do all from the beginning.

Fair enough - know what you mean.

> I have only base-knowledge about creating an Association.
>
> I feel, it is a big damage, if no one like to work actively on
> creating the Association.  But in WHICH city should we create
> the Association ?

Not sure that it matters given we can create it somewhere and
upkeep it relatively cheaply and with minimal effort.  So in short,
wherever it fits given minimal impact to all involved.

> I live in France and can not create a Banc-Account in Germany,
> because I live in Strasbourg/France and we need minimum one
> Person (which will be the "President") which live in Germany.

So unless someone in .de steps forward (Arafat, I'm sure you're
reading this) and commits a bit of time and effort to resolve
this topic once-n-for-all sounds like this exercise is a
dead-end or am I mistaken ?

Thanks and Salam.