Re: registering a non-profit (suggestion)

--- Ayman Negm <a dot negm at gmx dot de> wrote:
> Did you taked a contact wit SPI-INC?
>
> http://www.spi-inc.org/

I didn't contact SPI-INC, but I have read a couple of books about the
process and what it would take to setup a Non-profit in the US.  After
various readings and even discussions with various people I've decided
that we should look elsewhere to avoid the never-ending paperwork and
effort required - it would almost make it a second/third job.  To me it
wasn't worth the headaches and so we decided to shop around to see if it
would be possible to setup something elsewhere that would dramatically
cut-down on the required bureaucracy and paper records, etc.

In all, something rudimentary that simply says we exist that might not
even care about 'tax breaks' for those that donate would be sufficient
given, again, no involved paperwork and audits are required.  We have
nothing to hide, but we most certainly don't want the headaches of
filling out forms and keeping things extra tidy to meet an endless barrage
of external "turn-in your papers" deadlines.  So Germany was noted as
"easier" by those that have looked into this and they seem to be willing
to take-on what is needed to uphold the process and keep it going.  Having
Arafat.M in Germany also helps ;-)