Re: [doc] why Arabic is dropped from KDE 4.1

> Turning the debate into "let KDE burn in hell" and "just like you tell
> me about fedora and mandriva" is just negating those simple facts.
> If you use this kind of "encouragement", I doubt you'll find people
> motivated. I hope I am mistaken, for the sake of KDE's, Fedora's and
> other soft's Arabic translations.
Hello! Arabeyes is supposed to be a teamwork project
it should have a TODO list ..etc.

it's not let's who ever translate whatever and that's it

> And that's the difficulty of benevolent work : you can't force anyone
> to work on anything. You can just try to encourage them to contribute
> and contribute yourself.

of course, I'm not saying that we should force people to translate but
I bet that many people did not know that KDE dropped Arabic
translation
I'm more than sure that many people did not know that Arabeyes took a
decision not to translate fedora strings 4 years ago

Arabeyes represent itself as the team that translate FLOSS [software]
into Arabic
I thinkit should set itself a TODO list like this
* within a month we should translate the rest of the 50% untranslated
strings in KDE (based on current stats this means 15 string per week)
* within two weeks we should do cleanup for gnome translation before
it get string freeze for next the release
* within one week we should end all the fuzzy strings in XYZ (50 strings)
* XFCE is orphaned after Ahamd Random Hacker left the team for Omra,
we need find someone for the orphan XFCE
...etc.

if Arabeyes can't find a maintainer/translator who could get things
done in time it should orphan that package and anounce that it does
not handle that package
because we don't want to run into a dead lock nobody translating
because eachone thinks that every thing is running fine waiting the
other todo the translation

the word here is team work