[doc] [Seyed Buhari <mibuhari at gmail dot com>] Request for help...

Please could someone help Seyed?

--
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette
--- Begin Message --- Dear Sir,

I am Buhari, working at university brunei darussalam, brunei.

I am facing a problem in adding marks to arabic like font. I am developing a font for my local language called as Arwi.

I want to add some other mark like damma, which is something different but needs to be appear above the previously typed character. As a test phase, i did copy the existing sukun character (from uni0652 to uni065C) and checked with liga and mark and see if worked. Once i press sukun (uni065C) after the any arabic letter, it makes the letter as "fina" form and so does not join with the next character. But, if i use the original sukun (uni 0652), it works fine.

I did check the liga 16 subtable and add entries accordingly, but didnt succeed.

Can you let me know how to add new mark using fontforge and the steps required?
I am new to fontforge and so any detailed help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Buhari.
--- End Message ---