Re: "Simplified Naskh" font, 1st alpha release

On Jan 1, 2008 3:12 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug dot org> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 03:05:49PM +0200, Mohamed Magdy wrote:
> On 1/1/08, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug dot org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 12:31:14PM +0200, Mohamed Magdy wrote:
> > > But it looks terrible in small sizes (1) :( & :P
> > >
> > > 1 == http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9136/badnashw8.png
> > Looks like your system doesn't use anti-aliasing. I can not help with
> > this, changing the font to look readable while "aliased" will compromise
> > the typeface design, which I'm not going to do.
>
> Great fonts look alike under all platforms,
I don't understand this, how the font is supposed to look the same with
anti-aliasing enabled and disabled?

I enabled  TrueType (Windows's  name for AA) ... and it became better a bit, still not good.
not to mention that I only support
free platforms (read Xorg).
ok

And, I didn't say this is a great font nor it'll be.
That is a bad practice to decide from the beginning that you will not progress, not restricted to font development, it applies to everything imho..